View of Wilmette after the Palm Sunday Tornado on March 28, 1920, No.13
- H. B. Brooks, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Postcard showing damage to the former Henry H. Gage mansion at the NW corner of Chestnut and Sheridan Rd. Known at the time as the Lake Shore Tavern, the restaurant was soon labeled "Tornado Tavern." The building was razed in 1944. This photograph was reproduced on p.141 of "Wilmette: a history" by George D. Busnnell.
- Reverse: " H.B. Brooks, photograph post cards, 3358 Osgood St., Chicago, Ill."
- Date of Original
- 28 March 1920
- Local identifier
- Tornado 13
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.08538927265 Longitude: -87.6990219839478
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to United States law. No restrictions on use.
- Image can be reproduced with credit to Wilmette Public Library
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930