The Growth of Wilmette: map of Ouilmette’s reservation and its subdivisions, 1829-1842
- Henderson, Charles Clinton, Cartographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Map shows developments from 1829-1842. The fourth article of the Treaty of Prarie du Chien, 29th of July, 1829 granted to Archange Ouilmette, a Potawatamie woman, wife of Antoine Ouilmette, for herself and children, two sections of land.
- Survey of 1280 acres of land two sections; Now Elmwood Ave.; Now Central St., Evanston; 1. 50 A[cres] sold to Harmon; 2. 200 A[cres] sold to Tuttle, Holland and Tuttle; 3. reserved for Joe Ouilmette; 4. 160 A[cres] sold to J. E. Stebbin; 5. 640 A[cres] sold to Horton Hubbard and Farmer; Plat recorded October 12, 1892, Book 55, page 45, Cook County Records.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Maps 1.8
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.07225 Longitude: -87.72284
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930