- Mystery Question
- Do you know the locations of any other WPA markers?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Karen Miller, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- During the Depression Wilmette was the site of a WPA project to relay the brick streets in the village. Special markers were inserted among the street bricks at the time of the project. Some still remain like this one on 11th St. [Eleventh] south of Lake. Another is embeded in Forest Ave. east of Ridge Rd.
- Date of Publication
- 29 Aug 2011
- Corporate Name(s)
- United States. Work Projects Administration.
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.0787921052048 Longitude: -87.7047994621659
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Wilmette Public Library
- Request permission of Wilmette Public Library
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930