- Media Type
- Item Type
- Former Henry H. Gage house, located at the northwest corner of Chestnut and Sheridan Road, was built about 1873. The building, converted to a restaurant, was damaged by the tornado that struck Wilmette in 1920. It was razed in 1944.
- In pencil on reverse: "Old Gage home at northwest corner of Chestnut and Sheridan Road, pix April 1944 just before the house was razed. Called "Tornado Tavern."
- Date of Publication
- Apr 1944
- Local identifier
- Houses, old-12
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.0854370468588 Longitude: -87.6988074072266
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930