Results

We found
16
matching items
Item type(s)
Articles or Birth announcements
  
Year
1913
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Too Much Gas
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 3 Jul 1913, p. 2     There was a small fire at the home of Mrs. A. L. Fleming, 1215 Washington St., on Fri. night. It was caused by a leaky gas jet....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 3 Jul 1913, p. 2   There was a small fire at the home of Mrs. A. L. Fleming, 1215 Washington St., on Fri. night. It was caused by a leaky gas jet....
  • Were at Lunch
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 17 Apr 1913, p. 7     While the firemen at Station No. 1 were at lunch Sunday the home of Mrs. William O'Flaherty, [unclear] Grove street, across from the fire station, caught on fire....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 17 Apr 1913, p. 7   While the firemen at Station No. 1 were at lunch Sunday the home of Mrs. William O'Flaherty, [unclear] Grove street, across from the fire station, caught on fire....
  • Wilmette Woman is Burned to Death
    NewspaperTextGenealogical Resource  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 17 Apr 1913, p. 1     Miss Eliza Brown, a domestic in the employ of Charles E. Hastings, 503 Central Ave., Wilmette, was fatally burned when her clothing caught fire from a gas stove....
    NewspaperTextGenealogical Resource  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 17 Apr 1913, p. 1   Miss Eliza Brown, a domestic in the employ of Charles E. Hastings, 503 Central Ave., Wilmette, was fatally burned when her clothing caught fire from a gas stove....
  • Chauffeur Suffers Burns in Auto Fire
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 10 Apr 1913, p. 8     Fred Bucholz, a chauffeur residing at 3406 Indiana Avenue, Chicago, suffered serious burns in a gasoline explosion and fire which destroyed the garage and two automobiles at the home of C. F. Champlin, 2330 Orrington avenue, Evanston, Thursday afternoon. One car belonged to the Champlin family and the other to ...
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 10 Apr 1913, p. 8   Fred Bucholz, a chauffeur residing at 3406 Indiana Avenue, Chicago, suffered serious burns in a gasoline explosion and fire which destroyed the garage and two automobiles at the home of ...
  • Fire In Hubbard Woods
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 27 Mar 1913, p. 7     C. A. Forberg's grocery store in Hubbard Woods caught on fire Tues. night. George Wood, volunteer in the fire department, was revived after being overcome by smoke....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 27 Mar 1913, p. 7   C. A. Forberg's grocery store in Hubbard Woods caught on fire Tues. night. George Wood, volunteer in the fire department, was revived after being overcome by smoke....
  • Torch Fires Building
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 20 Mar 1913, p. 4     The drugstore of John V. Lee, Chicago Ave. and Main St., Evanstont, was slightly damaged Monday afternoon by a fire caused by electricians blow torch....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 20 Mar 1913, p. 4   The drugstore of John V. Lee, Chicago Ave. and Main St., Evanstont, was slightly damaged Monday afternoon by a fire caused by electricians blow torch....
  • Gardener burned to death at Winnetka
    NewspaperTextGenealogical Resource  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 13 Mar 1913, p. 1     James Ryan, a gardener who made his home in a box car at Hubbard Woods siding in Winnetka, was burned to death early Sunday morning in a fire which destroyed his one-room home....
    NewspaperTextGenealogical Resource  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 13 Mar 1913, p. 1   James Ryan, a gardener who made his home in a box car at Hubbard Woods siding in Winnetka, was burned to death early Sunday morning in a fire which destroyed ...
  • Fire Destroys Winnetka Home
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 6 Mar 1913, p. 1     Fire nearly destroyed the home of S. J. Eisendrath, 537 Cherry St., Sun. evening. The neighbors noticed the fire and awoke Mrs. Eisendrath and children. Mr. Eisendrath was away that evening....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 6 Mar 1913, p. 1   Fire nearly destroyed the home of S. J. Eisendrath, 537 Cherry St., Sun. evening. The neighbors noticed the fire and awoke Mrs. Eisendrath and children. Mr. Eisendrath was away that ...
  • Fire in Wilmette
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 20 Feb 1913, p. 6     Althoutgh the title of the article states the fire was in Wilmette, in the body of the article it's location is the Episcopal Church in Glencoe....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 20 Feb 1913, p. 6   Althoutgh the title of the article states the fire was in Wilmette, in the body of the article it's location is the Episcopal Church in Glencoe....
  • Look for Squirrel Holes and Cause Blaze
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 6 Feb 1913, p. 10     An alarm of fire was turned in from the residence of George T. Dyer, 1010 Chestnut street, Wilmette, on Monday at 5:45. Quick response and efficient aid from the fire department averted what might have been a disastrous blaze. Some of the members of the family had been up in ...
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 6 Feb 1913, p. 10   An alarm of fire was turned in from the residence of George T. Dyer, 1010 Chestnut street, Wilmette, on Monday at 5:45. Quick response and efficient aid from the fire ...
  • Halt Fire Save Man
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 30 Jan 1913, p. 2     George Smith, a boarder at the West End Boarding Club at 1016 Davis Street, Evanston, was overcome by smoke during a fire and was rescued by firemen. The boarding house is run by Mrs. E. Kilby. A nearby building owned by Dave Nelson of the Nelson Brothers' Laundry was damaged....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 30 Jan 1913, p. 2   George Smith, a boarder at the West End Boarding Club at 1016 Davis Street, Evanston, was overcome by smoke during a fire and was rescued by firemen. The boarding house ...
  • Officer Saves Chicken Coop
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 16 Jan 1913, p. 3     Officer Hughes extinguished a fire alongside a chicken coop at the home of Fred Goodeman, 1404 Warren Ave., Evanston....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 16 Jan 1913, p. 3   Officer Hughes extinguished a fire alongside a chicken coop at the home of Fred Goodeman, 1404 Warren Ave., Evanston....
  • Two Blazes Mark New Year
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 Jan 1913, p. 3     Fires were reported on Wednesday, January 1, at the residence of J.W. Williams, 1307 Chicago avenue and a chimney fire 907 Dempster St., Evanston....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 Jan 1913, p. 3   Fires were reported on Wednesday, January 1, at the residence of J.W. Williams, 1307 Chicago avenue and a chimney fire 907 Dempster St., Evanston....
  • Large List of Fires
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 2 Jan 1913, p. 1     Evanston's fire department has fought 219 fires this year saving endangered property valued at $2,168,790....
    NewspaperText  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 2 Jan 1913, p. 1   Evanston's fire department has fought 219 fires this year saving endangered property valued at $2,168,790....
  • Auto on Fire
    Newspaper  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 Oct 1913, p. 11     A truck owned by the firm of Hansell & Alcock of Chicago caught fire due to a leaky gasoline pipe. ...
    Newspaper  Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 Oct 1913, p. 11   A truck owned by the firm of Hansell & Alcock of Chicago caught fire due to a leaky gasoline pipe. ...
  • Burned in home: Mr. and Mrs. Grafton Stevens Die in Flames
    Newspaper  Local News, 1 Nov 1913, p. 1     Mr. and Mrs. Grafton Steen died in their burning residence at 519 Linden avenue. Mr. and Mrs. Stevens and Mrs. Stevens' mother, Mrs. Carr, returned separately from a visit with Mr. and Mrs. F. H. Tichenor, 201 Sixth street, leaving for home about 1 o'clock in the morning. When Mrs. ...
    Newspaper  Local News, 1 Nov 1913, p. 1   Mr. and Mrs. Grafton Steen died in their burning residence at 519 Linden avenue. Mr. and Mrs. Stevens and Mrs. Stevens' mother, Mrs. Carr, returned separately from a visit with ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit