Elizabeth Fitch (1899-1986) oral history
- Track 1:
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin
- Fitch, Elizabeth, 1899-1986, Interviewer
Adler, Rhea Saul, 1906-1900, Interviewer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Interview with Elizabeth Fitch by Rhea Adler in Wilmette, Illinois, in 1984.
Early history of both parental backgrounds prior to
Wilmette in 1906
Childhood and schooling in Wilmette, New Trier, Wellesley and nursing degree at Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, D.C.
Summer spent in Labrador and Newfoundland with Grenfell Expedition at the same time Drs. Frederick and Katherine Brooks Merrifield were there (before their marriage)
Years spent in D.C. until sent to Austria in 1955 as Chief of Hospitals in various European areas
Return to U.S.A. and D.C. until retirement from Army Nurses Corps and Wilmette
Has continued to travel widely
- Place of Publication:
- Wilmette, Illinois
- Date of Original:
- Local identifier:
- R 977.31 FI
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- Wilmette Public Library
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- 1242 Wilmette Ave.
Wilmette, Il 60091
- Recommended Citation:
- Fitch, Elizabeth, and Rhea Saul Adler. Elizabeth Fitch. Wilmette, Ill: Wilmette Public Library District, 1984.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address:
1242 Wilmette Avenue