"Why do so few African-Americans live in Wilmette" Part l
- The Wilmette Beacon (Northbrook, Illinois), 29 Aug 2019, p. 12
- Jacoby, John, Author
- Media Type
- The first of a 2 part series exploring the history of African-Americans in Wilmette. The 1st part describes discriminatory practices in employment and housing as well as other instances of racial bias.
- Housing Discrimination; African-American; Restrictive Covenants; Discrimination
- Date of Publication
- 29 Aug 2019
- Local identifier
- Available through the Wilmette Library. Also available in the Local History Room in Vertical File labeled African-American
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930