"Why do so few African-Americans live in Wilmette" Part l
- The Wilmette Beacon (Northbrook, Illinois), 29 Aug 2019, p. 12
- Jacoby, John, Author
- Media Type:
- The first of a 2 part series exploring the history of African-Americans in Wilmette. The 1st part describes discriminatory practices in employment and housing as well as other instances of racial bias.
- Housing Discrimination; African-American; Restrictive Covenants; Discrimination
- Date of Publication:
- 29 Aug 2019
- Local identifier:
- Available through the Wilmette Library. Also available in the Local History Room in Vertical File labeled African-American
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue