Steps were taken in the spring of 1908 toward the building of a new church edifice, because the old building had become too small to house the growing congregation. Subscriptions were solicited, and when enough was pledged, to warrant the trustees going forward with the project, plans and specifications were obtained from Turnbull and Jones, church architects, of Chicago. The old building was moved to the rear of the lot, and on October 20, ground was broken for th new building. The corner stone was laid November 22, the construction work proceeded through the winter. The building is 70 by 96 feet with basement under the entire building.
The church is arranged with main auditorium with seating capacity of 350 and a Sunday school room seating 275. These are separated by folding doors, which when opened gives seating capacity for over 500 within sight of the pulpit.
The basement is arranged for the social work of the church, having a large dining room, modern kitchen, cloak rooms, and all necessary conveniences. The elementary department of the Sunday school wil have rooms in the basement.
The pipe organ is pronounced a first class instrument with a tone quality very rich and sweet. Andrew Carnegie contributes $900 to the organ fund.
The new church was opened for service on Sunday, June 13, and additional subscriptions were solicited. The response was hearty and generous, over $7000 being contributed during the day. On Sunday, June 20, the formal dedication of the church took place when Rev. C. J. Little, D.D., preached the dedicatory sermon, and Rev. J.P. Brushingham, D.D., read the service of dedication.
The old church has been [damaged] is being torn down, the lumber to be used in another building.