New Trier team finds success at Science Olympiad
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 31 May 2012, p. 15
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- New Trier's Science Olympiad team placed 5th in the nation this month, the highest national team placement in school history. The team members who competed were: Hayley Bounds, Adam Cohen, Chloe Director, Andy Feis, Ben Feis, Meng Feng, Eleanor Hyun, Amanda Newmark, Jung Oh, Michael Salceda, Elaine Shen, Alex Tamkin, Christina Tsai, Arthur Tsang and Sean Ye.
The alternates who competed in two trial events were: Sriram Boppana, Byron Hopps, Michael Knippen, and Jonathan Wang.
The freshman team member who accompanied the upperclassmen to nationals was Samantha Yang.
The coaches of the 2011-2012 New Trier Science Olympiad team were: Jan Leonhardt, Alex Howe, Tony Harper, Bruce Credo and David Jabon.
Photograph of the team members and seniors Elaine Shen and Christina Tsai and junior Hayley Bounds.
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Date of Publication:
- 31 May 2012
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue