Obituary: Leighton Hischer Cooney, Sr.
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 17 May 2012, p. 27
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types
- Death notices
- Leighton Hischer Cooney, Sr., 98, died in his home at Oak St. in Winnetka on April 11, 2012. He was born in San Francisco, CA on January 13, 1914 to Anna Hischer Cooney. He married Patricia Blaker, and had a son, Leighton Jr. in 1944 and daughter, Allyson in 1947. He was predeceased by his wife of 35 years, Patricia Blaker Cooney; his mother, Anna Hischer Cooney; and a sister, Bernice Cooney Patek. He is survived by his son, Leighton of Auburn, ME; his daughter, Allyson of Glenview; his daughter-in-law, Holly Burton Cooney; and three granddaughters, Eliza of NYC, Anne of Ft. Collins, CO, and Grace of Brunswick, ME; as well as his special friend of many years, Sue Peckham of Wilmette.
- Full obituary available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Date of Publication
- 17 May 2012
- Date Of Event
- 11 Apr 2012
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.07225 Longitude: -87.72284
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930