New Trier: Dance Theatre performance
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 26 Apr 2012, p. 11, 12, 13
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- New Trier dance students will present Dance Theatre New Trier May 3 and 4. Features seven original dances choreographed by students Katie Rudrud, Alison Swimmer and Alana Reiser Jeremy Skiaba, Selena Kowalski, Pam Johnson, Claire Driscol and Laura David. In addition the performance will feature a dance created by choreographer Lindsay Reich, New tTrier graduate. The student dancers include Myra Rynerson, Tiffany Alvarado, Natalie Reehl, Mikayla Berstein, Abby Albrecht, Olivia Kafkis, Becki Schwartz, Ashley Lee, Emily Van Dam, Olivia Cobb, Alex Karahalios, Lily Sabol, Stephen Blood, Jennifer Prohov, Noor Qasim, Abby Glickman, Cari Schuette, Ali Johnson, Nique Beltrano, Juliana Earvolino, Sydney Even, Caroline Ieuter, Connor Phelan, Chloe Siegel, Regina Mendoza, Justine Heyman, Meirav Malter, Katie Rake, Cammie Schiele, Jackie Beckers, Emily Doyle, Taylor Brown, Charlotte Stender, Anna Murphy, Nikita Salada, Marley Moos, Leah Callahan, David Rynerson, Sarah Campbell, Alexi Siegel, Magaret Gallas, Emma Office, and Courtney Kilbourn.
Skating Club performance
The New Trier Figure Skating Club will be performing in the Winnetka Ice Show May 4 and May 5. They will also perform in the Wilmette Ice show May 11-13.
For the past few years in the Integrated Global Studies School (IGSS) at New Trier, students have been working to establish an organic garden at the Winnetka Campus. With the help and support of Wendy Irwin through the Yellow Tractor Program, the school will have an organic garden.
The work of students in the visual arts from New Trier and 11 other local area high schools were on display April 13-21 at The Art Center (TAC), 1957 N. Sheridan Road in Highland Park. Curators selected by TAC executive director, Gabrielle Russo, and Stephanie Lentz, assistant executive director, curated the exhibit.
New Trier students whose artwork was selected for this year’s show were Joel Abraham, Adnan Anwar, Allegra Bartlett, Jared Bereskin, Brook Bondurant, Celine Carr, Bryna Coyle, Henry Dellva, Kate Eberle, Ariella Epstein, Emily Erdos, Isaac Gamoran, Bridgett Giffei, Tali Gleiser, Zoe Gottlieb, Ally Gottlieb, Franklin Graham, Ellie Grant, Alison Gretchko, Fernanda Guzman-Cruz, Vanna Gworek, Elise Heisler, Becca Holstein, Hailey Hurteau, Will Janowiak, Pamela Johnson, Jordan Josellis, Abby Joyce, Angela Kang, Carrie Kaiser, Kara Kawula, Sarah Kim, Marit Koestring, Mikaela Kropp, Leland Later, Jacob Leonard, Findlay Markham, Samira Mian, Sammy Mohn, Carlton Nelson, Erin O’Meara, Iana Panovkina, Sean Phelan, Jack Polston, Ally Raith, Emma Regnier, Kai Robbins, Charles Schaefer, Carly Schroeder, Adam Schwartz, Andria Slomski-Pritz, Lexi Smolyar, Gracie Straznickas, Justine Szafran, Laura Tatgenhorst, Lindsay Thompson, Joanna Veleris, Emily Wasielewski, Mori Weinstein, Trent Weyermuller, Jasmine Zhang, Erla Ziskasen, and Natasha Zoghlin. Curators of this year’s exhibit were Ina Greenfield Beierle, John C. Beierle, and Kevin Lucerno Less.
Teacher of the year
Jason Dane, New Trier kinetic wellness teacher, who was named Northeastern District Health Teacher of the Year by the Northeastern District of Illinois Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. Dane will be honored at an awards dinner Oct. 14.
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library
- Date of Publication:
- 26 Apr 2012
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue