Board Upholds Examinations in High School
- Lake Shore News (Wilmette, Illinois), 30 Jan 1913, p. 1
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The National League for Medical Freedom forwarded a complaint to the Lake Shore News about the treatment of a girl in the New Trier High School. The Board of Education called a meeting Monday to investigate the charges, and ruled against the complaint registered by the parents of Miss Rebecca Antroszewski that Dr. Alice Barlow, physician, and Miss Marian K. Varian, physical instructor, forced their daughter to undergo a nude physical examination against her will and in the presence of other people. Mrs. W. S. Hamm, of Glencoe, testified that her daughter was ill after being compelled to be examined. F. H. Drury, attorney of Wilmette, represented Miss Varian and Dr. Brown. Dr. Patten condemned the practice of having the girls strip and be examined in the manner in which they are at New Trier.
- Date of Publication:
- 30 Jan 1913
- Personal Name(s):
- Antroszewski, Rebecca ; Barlow, Alice ; Varian Marian K.
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Image may be used with credit to Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue