St. Luke's church was the scene of a pretty wedding
Saturday afternoon when Miss Elizabeth B. Tennis,
daughter of Mr. and Mr. O.B. Tennis, was married to Arthur Goodrich Cable, son of Mrs. Herman D. Cable, 1742 Asbury avenue. The service was read at
3:30 o'clock by the Rev. George Craig Stewart, rector
of St. Luke's. A large reception followed the ceremony
at the home of the bride's parents, 1629 Judson Avenue. The bridal party was a large one, with a maid of honor and eight bridesmaids. They were Miss Louise Tennis, a younger sister, as the honored maid, and the following bridesmaids: Misses Fayette Cable, Eleanor Orr, Marion Farwell, Ethel Forgan, Nora Butler, Katherine Harper, Jane Fish of South Bend, Indiana, Rachel Wilson of Cleveland.
The bride wore ivory colored satin, with bodice and veil of Brussels point lace and she carried a bouquet of orchids. The maid of honor and bridesmaids were dressed in two shades of yellow satin, with bodice of ecru shadow lace. They wore brown velvet hats trimmed with wreathes of shaded dahlias and they carried yellow chrysanthemums. Little Miriam Shaw acted as flower girl. With the exception of Mr. Gerald Butler, as best man, and Messrs. Donald Butler and Edward L. Ryerson, Jr., the men in the bridal party were from out of town, and all Harvard college classmates of the groom. The others were Messrs. Orrin Wood of Boston, Landon Thomas of Augusta, Georgia; David Irwin and Richard Faulkner of Keene, N.H. Mr. Cable and his bride will spend their honeymoon in Europe, and after Feb. 15 will be at home on Sheridan Road, Hubbard Woods.