Roosevelt O.K. on Skokie Plan
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 8 Jun 1933, p. 1
- Media Type
- Item Type
- President Roosevelt has formally included the Skokie [lagoons] region in his reforestation project as suggested by Emmett Whealan, president of the Forest Preserve Commissioners. Charles E. Estes, chief construction engineer of the Forest Preserve District, will begin surveys.
Charles G. Sauers, superintendent of the Forest Preserve, comments on the staffing costs for the project. The development scheme is proposed to create lagoons in the Skokie marshes to serve as flood reservoirs when needed and recreation spots.
- Date of Publication
- 8 Jun 1933
- Corporate Name(s)
- Cook County Forest Preserve District ; Skokie Lagoons
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.07225 Longitude: -87.72284
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930