Mrs. Frank H. Gallagher taken by death Wednesday
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 25 Apr 1924, p. 3
- Full Text
Mrs. Catherine Fitzsimmons Gallagher, wife of Frank H. Gallagher, formerly of Wilmette but more recently a resident of Evanston, passed away at the Evanston hospital Wednesday morning, April 23, following an extended illness.
Services will be held this morning at 11 o'clock at the First Congregational church, Rev. Stephen A. Lloyd, the pastor, officiating. Burial will be at Memorial Park.
Mrs. Gallagher was born in Beardstown, Ill. Her father was a well known veteran of the Civil war and the leading musician with the 51st Illinois Regiment. He spent 15 months in the famous war prison at Andersonville.
She was a resident of Wilmette for 16 years, having moved with her family to the Orrington hotel, Evanston, within the past year.
Mrs. Gallagher was very prominent in Wilmette civic and social affairs. She was chairman of the Woman's Liberty Loan drive during the World war and was an ardent worker in the interest of the Arden Shore Rest Camp at Lake Bluff, Ill.
In club life she was particularly prominent in the Ouilmette Country club where she was chairman of the House committee t the time of her death. She was also an active member of the Wilmette Woman's club.
Mrs. Gallagher is survived by her husband and four daughters, Mrs. Stanley Franzen of Chicago, Mrs. Arthur Marquette, of Madison, Wis., Mrs. Mason Branhall of Chicago and Miss Margaret Gallagher of Evanston.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- Death notices
- Date of Publication:
- 25 Apr 1924
- Personal Name(s):
- Branhall, Mason Mrs. ; Franzen, Stanley Mrs. ; Gallagher, Catherine ; Gallagher, Frank ; Gallagher, Margaret ; Lloyd, Stephen ; Marquette, Arthur Mrs.
- Local identifier:
- From the collection of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Digital images may be used with credit to Wilmette Public Library.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue