Mrs. Ellen N. Jordan, pioneer, passes away
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 7 Mar 1924, p. 18
- Full Text
Mrs. Ellen N. Jordan, 505 Maple avenue, a resident of Wilmette for the past 38 years, passed away at St. Francis hospital Sunday, March 2, after a brief illness.
Services were held Wednesday, March 5, from the residence and burial was Rosehill.
Mrs. Jordan was born in Little Marlow, Buckinghamshire, England, 60 years ago, where she was married in the community to Hubert Jordan on March 31, 1885. They came to the United States in the same year and settled in Wilmette where Mrs. Jordan has resided ever since. Mr. Jordan died some years ago.
Foremost among the community activities in which Mrs. Jordan was keenly interested was "Ye Olde Towne Folkes," an organization of Wilmette pioneers interested primarily in preserving for posterity documents and articles reminiscent of the earlier days in the village.
Mrs. Jordan had nine children, seven of whom survive her: Harry W. Jordan, of Detroit, Mich.; Lynn T., Mrs. Lester Morse, Mrs. John A. McCarthy, Constance, Hubert D., and Donald W. Jordan.
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Types:
- Death notices
- Date of Publication:
- 7 Mar 1924
- Personal Name(s):
- Jordan, Constance ; Jordan, Donald ; Jordan, Ellen ; Jordan, Harry ; Jordan, Hubert ; Jordan, Hubert ; Jordan, Lynn ; McCarthy, John Mrs. ; Morse, Lester Mrs.
- Local identifier:
- From the collection of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Digital images may be used with credit to Wilmette Public Library.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue