- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 5 Feb 1926, p. 6
- Full Text
At a meeting of the Village Board Tuesday evening, Trustee JOhn C. Baker called the attention of the board to a peculiar condition in regard to the proportion of the general taxes which have been going to the Library board, and which, it has just been discovered, were almost $1,600 less during th epast year than what the taxing body should have received. Trustee Baker said the Library board finds it is unableto meet its pay roll this month and when he and Village President, Earl E. Orner began investigation, they discovered the error. No one is to blame, the said, in the matter of this insufficient division of the funds, as the appropriation was suffficient and all that is necessary is for the board to take the matter up with the Village Treasurer to ascertain what order he may require to make the necessary transfer, and this will be done.
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Clerical error leads to $1,600 shortfall in funds for staff pay
- Date of Publication
- 5 Feb 1926
- Corporate Name(s)
- Wilmette Public Library
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.07225 Longitude: -87.72284
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Digital images may be used with credit to Wilmette Public Library.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930