Winter cold: It's all a mater of perspective: Up on a hill or down in a ditch
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 31 Dec 2009, p. 5
- Kimberly Fornek
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Wilmette Public Works employees repair a leaking water main at 3330 Old Glenview Road. Story p.5
- Public Works Department workers have repaired five water main breaks in the village since Christmas. Comments by Mark Anderson, water and sewer supervisor. There are an average of 55 water main leaks per year according to Public Works Director Donna Jakubowski. Alternate freezing and thawing cause more breaks than if the temperature remained constant.
Comments by parents of children sledding on a nearby hill: Michele Bass and her son Ryan, age 5, with friend Grace Brandes; John Thomas of Glenview parent of three children.
Photograph employee Jim Caldwell
- Date of Publication:
- 31 Dec 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- Wilmette Public Works Department
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Sun-Times Media
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue