St. Francis Xavier School: Illinois State Scholars 2009
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 18 Jun 2009, p. 20, 22
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- St. Francis Xavier Class of 2005 alumni earning recognition as Illinois State Scholars in 2009 and graduating from Loyola Academy's Class of 2009 include Tommy Belton, Andrew Bredemann, Mac Dolan, Jack Havey, Luke Lopatka, Megan O'Brien, Jack O'Connor, Andrew Romer, Danny Spence and Andrew Touhy. Class of 2005 alumni earning recognition as Illinois State Scholars in 2009 and graduating from New Trier's Class of 2009 include Michael Grutsch, Corrie Gustman, Andrew Laackman, Madeline Marguerite, Caroline Merrick, Brian Post, Holly Roberts, Katie Shipley, Jennifer Tzanetopoulos, Jackie Urban and Martin Weir.
Home School Organization co-chairs Angie Waltman and Beth Hadley, and all the volunteers, helped work ton the third annual Summerfest held on June 6.
The final day of school for the 2008-2009 school year was June 10.
The school is also offering summer camps for students entering second through sixth grade.
The "One Heart" Club third- and fourth-grade girls and their families sponsored a bake sale with the second-graders from St. Francis Xavier and contributed its proceeds to the recent Kirathon Wilmette fund-raiser held in honor and the memory of Kira Arney and the new art therapy programs being developed for ailing children at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Others mentioned include Aimee O'Brien and Jackie Langas, first-grade teacher Karen Godfrey, Melissa Schaupp.
Summer Scrip Special invites all of the school and parish families to support the school by continuing to participate in its scrip gift card program throughout the summer
A hot lunch/cold lunch program is coming to the school this fall. Beginning with lunch Sept. 8, Chef Freddy Cuisine will be catering a daily plated lunch for all students interested in participating. This program replaces the existing Thursday special lunch program.
Chuck Rometty, athletic director requests families turn in their children's athletic registration forms
The St. Francis Xavier School's 2009-10 tentative calendar is available to all school families online at the school's Web site.
Principal Daniel McKenna thanked Susie Gordon (president), Bob McNamara (athletics) and Brendan Kelly (planning) for their three years of dedicated service to the school's board and welcomed Jackie Petrozzi, Kevin Lawler, and Marty Watts to the new school board. Effective June 2, the new board consists of president Mike Conway; vice president and finance John Tamisiea; secretary and technology, Kevin Lawler; academics, Jenny Ehlert; athletics, Marty Watts; communications, Jackie Petrozzi; planning, Melissa Schaupp; recruiting and internal affairs, Ann Ponzi; and development, John McGarrity.
- Date of Publication:
- 18 Jun 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue