New Trier rowing team wins two national titles
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 28 May 2009, p. 49
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- New Trier High School's rowing team captured two national championships and also earned a bronze medal last weekend at the Scholastic Rowing Association of America's National Championship Regatta held at Mercer Lake in New Jersey. Comments by coach Rose Marchuk. Girls team members listed include Jennifer Marchuk, Sarah Specht, Rachel Delehanty, Katie Wilcox, Lauren Lashmet, Emmi Benton, Hannah Wilson, Molly Messersmith, Molly Selig. The Second Varsity 8 squad includes Marin Graham, Kelly Nolan, Melanie Eckert, Joanie Weaver, Hilary Going, Alex Swift, Caroline DeWeirdt, Cassie Stephens and Megan Marchuk. The Trevian boys Second Varsity 8 team included Derek McGee, James Nelson, Christopher Daniels, Michael Stone, John Noyes, William Roberts, Matthew Sorenson, Owen Proteau and Joshua Mann. Comments by coach Matthew Zatorski.
Members of the girls Freshman 8 crew were Danielle Cipinko, Hannah Oelhafen, Remy Johnson, Dorothy Gill, Emily Swift, Merritt Denham, Jessica Streuer, Anna Melio and Lauren Gerth. The boys Light-weight 8 entry were Quinn Pelletier, connor SSmith, Concnor McLane, David Rodgers, Richard Marquardt, Samuel Hersh, Nathan Alter, Henry Lee and Holland Gibson. Several Trevian rowers were selected to attend US Rowing Selection and Development camps: Jason Kopelman, Matt Clark, Lauren Lashmet and Emmi Benton, Connor Jones, ALexandra Swift and Melanie Eckert
- Date of Publication:
- 28 May 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue