Church to place a community garden at shooting site
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 30 Apr 2009, p. 5
- Kimberly Fornek
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- The house next to the First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette is being torn town to be replaced by a community garden. Comments on the plans for the garden by Rev. Sarah Butter. The house was the site of a murder-suicide on February 28, 2009 when Richard Wiley murdered his wife Kathryn Wiley-Motes and her son, Christopher, age 17, before committing killing himself.
Photograph of the site next to the church where a garden is under construction.
- Date of Publication:
- 30 Apr 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue