Regina Dominican High School: Earth Rally
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 23 Apr 2009, p. 34
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Students from Regina Dominican High School will be sponsoring an Earth Rally on Thursday, April 30. This year's theme, "Be Water Wise", focuses on the need to protect this precious natural resource.
On March 27, the Regina Dominican High School Theology Department sponsored the "Little Flowers" project. The "Little Flowers" are 14 teenage girls from Alenga, Uganda, a rural village six hours outside of Kampala, the capital city. The project provides funding and support for the girls' education, and an ongoing international relationship.
On April 1, 21 Regina Dominican High School students were inducted into the Spanish Honor Society. The following students were inducted: Stephanie Aguilera (Chicago-60622), Danielle DeVera (Skokie), Safaya Fawzi-Youssef (Northbrook), Christine Frick (Chicago-60646), Amanda Frient (Winnetka), Eileen Jodlowski (Chicago-60646), Erin Joyce (Northbrook), Karina Kedo (Lake Forest), Kristen Macur Brousil (Glenview), Lauren Macur Brousil (Glenview), Leesha Maliakal (Morton Grove), Kaitlynn Maloney (Chicago-60630), Agnieszka Maniak (Norridge), Angeline Modesti (Chicago), Ashley Murray (North Chicago), Morgan Nole (Chicago), Meghan Reilly (Glencoe), Sidonia Swarm (Chicago), and Anita Taliya (Lincolnwood).
Students who have received recognition from the state sponsored program: Read for a Lifetime.
This year six seniors from Regina Dominican High School earned the four year certificate. They are Erin Joyce (Northbrook), Seolhee Kim (Wilmette), Kathryn Monick (Chicago-60640), Caterina Randazzo (Glenview), Marjorie Travnik (Glenview), and Katherine Trela (Glencoe). Freshman, Ena Agnihotri read all 25 titles.
- Date of Publication:
- 23 Apr 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- Regina Dominican High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue