Wilmette Jr. High School Family Awareness Network
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 16 Apr 2009, p. 21, 23
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- FAN (Family Awareness Network) presents: "Re-Thinking the Drinking Age: A Debate of Ideas. Is 21 working? Is 18 the answer?" from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, Room C234, New Trier High School, 7 Happ Road, Northfield. Members of the League of Women Voters will moderate the debate.
FAN also presents: " I Just Want My Kid to be Happy! Why You Shouldn't Say It, What You Should Embrace Instead" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 30, at McKenzie Elementary School Auditorium, 649 Prairie Ave., Wilmette, with author, teacher, and psychologist Aaron Cooper, Ph.D., affiliated with the Family Institute at Northwestern University.
Performance Series Testing will be held Monday, April 27 to May 8.
Mark your calendars for the Youth Connection's production of "Aladdin", at 7:30 p.m. May 8 & 9 and a special Mother's Day matinee show at 2 p.m. on Sunday May 10.
Congratulations to this year's SEEK (Science Enrichment Education for Kids) students! On March 15, 19 Wilmette Junior High School (WJHS) students entered 17 science projects in the Illinois Junior Academy of Science (IJAS) Regional Science Fair. All 17 projects will be moving on to the IJAS State Finals at the University of Illinois Champaign/Urbana on May 8 & 9.
Eighth graders: Emily Avrick, Joe Figura (Underwriters Lab Award), Jiham Lee, JiHyum Lee (Old Crows $100 Bond), Morgan Melnick, Devin Smith, Sydney Tan (Best Paper), Arthur Tsang, and David Whitcomb.
Seventh graders: Alisa Baramovic, Maria Dabrowski, Allison Fitzgerald, Conor Holzall, Hayoung Lee, Brian Liang (Air Force Award), Jeannie McDonald, William Stogin, Kallen Sullivan, and Richard Wu (Underwriters Lab Award & American Meteorological Society Award).
- Date of Publication:
- 16 Apr 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- Wilmette Junior High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue