St. Francis Xavier School: Technology initiative
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 Apr 2009, p. 16, 19
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- St. Francis Xavier School is currently piloting a technology initiative. The school has recently been contacted by a foundation which has offered to provide a matching donation for all dollars received up to an aggregate of $20,000. I
• There will be a noon dismissal on Holy Thursday. Spring break is scheduled from April 10-19. Classes will resume on April 20.
• At 11 a.m. Good Friday, there will be a Good Friday children's service -- "Holy Week Drama" in the church. On Holy Saturday there will be a blessing of Easter baskets at noon in the church.
• Registration for the 2009-10 school year is now underway.
• The St. Francis Xavier School (SFX) basketball teams have finished the year. The eighth grade boys made it to the championship game, which was played at Loyola Academy losing to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. The eighth graders were coached by Pat Gaynor, and their roster included: Tim Ahlstrom, Patrick Gordon, Michael Jamieson, Jordan Josellis, Michael Mah, Bobby Richards, Sean Sanborn, Charlie Suse, Evan Touhy, Connor Watts and Will Weir.
The eighth grade girls finished fourth in their division. Coached by Beth Ruske, and Rose Zeidler, the eighth grade girls' team consisted of: Francie Avery, Annie Conway, Katherine Dolan, Sally Huh, Maura Sanborn, Ann Sullivan, and Ruth Weschler.
The seventh grade boys were coached by Bob Dixon. The assistant coach was SFX grad Jackson Floyd, Class of '05. The roster includes: Mark Bredemann, Nico Capitanini, Joe Dixon, Tim Eberle, Charlie Floyd, Charlie Hasson, Jake Skarzynski and Frank Tobin.
Mark Fahrenbach was the coach of the sixth grade boys. The sixth grade squad is: Charlie Clarke, Dylan Flanagan, Patrick Fuller, Peter Komlofske, Devin O'Brien, Colin Richards, Colin Van Balen, Joe Van Horn, Brendan Watts, Michael Burke, Austin Eichenlaub, Jack Josellis, Matthew Mah, Keenan Ryan, Robert Schaupp, and Andrew Sommer.
The fifth and sixth grade girls had a successful season as well, coached by Colleen Orth and Mike Henn. Their team included: Molly Buehler, Ellen Conway, Annie Hasson, Sara Langill, Riley Miller, Clare Sargent, Ella Caestecker, McCall Donaghue, Meredith Touhy, and Mary Faith Smith.
• Please remember to save all of your newspapers, catalogs, magazines and junk mail and drop them off in the school's recycling bin located in the school parking lot.
• St. Francis Xavier School continues to participate in the Box Tops for Education fund-raiser.
• The SFX Scrip Tuition Rebate and Fund-raising Program is now underway. See Mary Carol Oberlin in the school office to purchase your cards.
• April 30, will be a dress-down day for all April birthdays.
• The Rev. Peter Wojcik, associate pastor of St. Francis Xavier Parish, hopes all St. Francis Xavier school and parish altar servers and children's choir members received their "Altar Servers' News" and Easter party invitation in the mail from the SFX Parish Office. St. Francis will be hosting the St. John Brebeuf altar servers and children's choir members at SFX for an Easter celebration party at 6 p.m. April 21 in the Xavier Room.
- Date of Publication:
- 9 Apr 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue