Central School: School closed for Good Friday
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 Apr 2009, p. 15
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- School will be closed on Good Friday.
• The PTA will meet at 9:15 a.m. April 15, in the cafeteria.
• Incoming kindergarten orientation for parents will be held at 6:30 p.m. April 16 in the school auditorium.
• The school is celebrating Earth Week the week of April 20. An all school assembly on April 17 will focus on Earth Day. On Earth Day, April 22, the entire fourth grade will travel to Evanston for a screening of the new Disney movie, "Earth." Student Council is also considering a plan to use some of the profits from school store and box tops to plant bushes around Fort Central on the school playground.
• Highcrest orientation for fourth grade parents takes place at 6:30 p.m. April 21 at the school.
• Parents and their third graders are welcome to attend third grade open house from 7 to 8 p.m. on April 23.
• Arts in the Daytime takes place at Central School on April 24.
• Early release day at 12:15 p.m. April 29.
• Please contact Laurey Tussing if you are interested in being a room parent for the 2009-2010 school year.
• The Central School 2009 pin is still available at the school store for $3.50.
• If you would like to sign up for garden recess duty or helping with maintenance, please contact Marcia Leadholm.
• The International Club welcomes anyone interested in joining the free monthly foreign film screenings. Contact Lynn Alberding with any questions.
• Playground volunteers are still needed for spring. Contact Beth Gordon to volunteer.
- Date of Publication:
- 9 Apr 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- Central Elementary School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue