Joseph Sears School: Science Olympiad
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 19 Mar 2009, p. 18
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- On Saturday, Feb. 28, The Joseph Sears School Science Olympiad Team participated in the Science Olympiad Regional Tournament at New Trier's Northfield campus. The following students and their teams medaled in 11 events earning fifth place overall, which qualifies the team to compete at the State Tournament on April 24-25 at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana.
Joseph Sears School medaled in the following events:
Anatomy (fourth place) Laura Kek and Jacob Cruger; Compute This (fourth place) Drew McGowan and Gavin Rice; Elevated Bridge (third place) Chris McCarren and Andreas Georgiadis; Environmental Chemistry (first place) Laura Kek and Sophia Day; Experimental Design (second place) Laura Kek, Sophia Day, and Jamie Resko; Meteorology (fourth place) Chris McCarren and Andreas Georgiadis; Road Scholar (fifth place) Tristan Peters and Gavin Rice; Science Crime Busters (fifth place) Elizabeth Franson and Mikey Brady; Scrambler (fourth place) Tristan Peters and Isabella Raynal; Trajectory (fourth place) Jacob Cruger and Gavin Rice; Write It Do It (third place) Andrew Katcha and Isabella Raynal.
Other team members were: Cameron Allison, Christian Barzallo, Mason Chrabaszcz, Evan Lessinger, Zach Lobman, Kevin McHugh, John Parks, Trevor Rand, Bridget Richards, Liam Schliesmann, Nick Seminetta, Teddy Storm, Victoria Sundell, Chandler Tempest, Julian Whitt and Spencer Wilson.
Coaches: Head coach -- Susan Stephenson, Janet Brown, Jeff Gerdin, John Hollinger, Lynne Hubert, Allison Lopuzynski, Amy Williamson, Chris Conway, Rory Gilchrist, Andy Storm and Emmy Swift.
• March 19 -- Discipline & Ethics Committee Meeting at 1:30 p.m. in the Faculty Hall of the school
March 23-27 -- Spring Break
March 30 -- School resumes
- Date of Publication:
- 19 Mar 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- Joseph Sears School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue