McKenzie School: Celebrating Abilities Committee activities
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 19 Mar 2009, p. 17
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- The Celebrating Abilities Committee plans activities. Contact Colleen Paholak.
• The school earns money for every cell phone and printer cartridge that they recycle.
• McKenzie logo shopping bags left in stock. Contact Rebecca Boyd.
• As the fourth grade finishes out their McKenzie years, several of the kids would like to make a Memorial Quilt to remember Lydia Martin. Squares to add to the quilt are available from Jane Hornstein or Jane Perrin.
• The fourth grade farewell DVD project is under way and parental help is needed. All parents should submit a baby picture of their fourth-grader and a picture from each year they were at McKenzie.The deadline is today, March 19. Contact Cathi Borushek.
• McKenzie School and the Family Awareness Network (FAN) will be partnering to host a parent education seminar from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 30 in the McKenzie auditorium. Dr. Aaron Cooper, author of "I Just Want My Kids to be Happy: Why You Shouldn't Say It, Why You Shouldn't Think It, and What You Should Embrace Instead", will be speaking on children and emotional resiliency.
- Date of Publication:
- 19 Mar 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- McKenzie Elementary School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue