Mourners pay final respects to mom, son
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 12 Mar 2009, p. 5
- Liza Roche
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Mourners attended funeral services Saturday for homicide victims Kathryn Wiley-Motes and her son Christopher Motes at First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette. Wiley-Motes, 51, and her son, 17, were fatally shot by her husband, Richard Wiley, 51. Wiley subsequently shot himself with the same weapon. Wiley was sentenced to 30 years in prison for murdering his first wife in 1985 in Chicago. He was released from jail in 2000. He and Wiley-Motes married in 2001.
Comments by Kyle Meade, Amy Russell, John and Jean Anderson.
Photograph friends and family entering First Presbyterian Church of Wilmette. Name in obituary was listed as Kathryn Motes-Wiley
- Date of Publication:
- 12 Mar 2009
- Personal Name(s):
- Wiley-Motes, Kathryn ; Motes, Christopher
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue