St. Joseph School: Lenten prayer services
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 5 Mar 2009, p. 24, 32, , 33
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available from Wilmette Public Library.
- Lenten prayer service will take place at 8:45 a.m. March 6, in Meter Hall.
• First Reconciliation is this Saturday, March 7.
• Stations of the Cross is from 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. on Tuesday, March 10.
• The Terra Nova Tests have commenced and will finish Tuesday, March 10.
• Joanna Tan, a fifth-grader, was awarded a gold medal with a score of 96% at the Sonata/Sonatina Festival 2009 held this past Sunday at the Music Institute in Winnetka. She played Haydn's Sonata in C.
• The Knights of Columbus spelling bee was held on Feb. 11. Congratulations to seventh grader Brian Tsuru, who finished in third place and will move on to the regional final.
• Eva Mergner, an eighth-grader, has been selected a Woodlands Merit Scholar. T
• Congratulations to eighth-grader Clare Driscoll and seventh-graders Frank Nicholas, Brian Tsuru, Trevor Prince and Alex Wagner for representing St. Joseph School in the Mathcounts Competition last Saturday.
• St. Joseph has made great progress going Green. Help with the projects continues to be needed. The next major initiative will be adding some gardens around school for aesthetic appeal and educational purposes.
• The St. Joseph Children's Choir is open to singers in third through eighth grade. The Children's Choir sings about once a month at the 9 a.m. Mass on Sunday or at the 5 p.m. Mass on Saturday, at special music events, and at off-campus venues. If interested, contact Walt Horn or Sister Henrica Buchert at the rectory
• St. Joseph Parish welcomes Rev. Patrick Boyle, SJ to lead the Lenten Mission. "Be You Perfect As Your Heavenly Father Is Perfect" will take place at 7:30 p.m. March 9-11 in the church.
- Date of Publication:
- 5 Mar 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Joseph School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue