St. Francis Xavier School: Science Fair
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 26 Feb 2009, p. 18, 20
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- The St. Francis Xavier Middle School's annual science fair results. The following students were judged outstanding and received gold medals. (Seventh- and eighth-graders with gold medals are now eligible to participate in the regional science fair March 14.)
Sixth-graders -- Sarah Choate, Lane Ehlman, Patrick Fuller, Annie Hasson, Jack Josellis, Sarah Langill, Matthew Mah, Colin Richards, Clare Sargent, Andrew Sommer, Sabrina Tong and Brendan Watts.
Seventh-graders -- Charlie Floyd, Mikaela Kropp, Maria O'Sullivan and Jake Skarzynski.
Eighth-graders -- Timmy Ahlstrom, Francie Avery, Annie Conway, Katherine Dolan, Patrick Gordon, Mary Komlofske, Bobby Richards, Maura Sanborn, Sean Sanborn, Will Weir and Ruth Weschler.
•The St. Francis seventh and eighth graders are participating in an oral history project that will document the American immigrant experience and the Vietnam War era. Under the guidance of St. Francis teacher Dale Laackman and inspired by the late Studs Terkel, the students will interview people who have first-hand knowledge of these topics.
•The St. Francis Xavier Scrip Tuition Rebate and Fund-raising Program is now easier to use. Orders will be placed every other Friday, and gift cards will be delivered by the following Thursday. If you are running short on time, contact Kristi Schlax and she will place your order for you.
•Don't forget to register now for the 2009-10 school year
•All children in the SFX parish and their families are invited to attend a Children's Mass at 4:30 p.m. this Sunday (March 1) in the Xavier Room. Contact Ann Ponzi or Anne Malueg
•Moms and Tots will gather for fun and refreshments from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, March 6, in the Xavier Room. Special guest Linda Kusel of Creative Kids Corner will entertain the children with singing, dancing, finger plays and instruments
•Entries for the annual Brian Avery Memorial 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament are due Monday, March 9. All fifth through eighth grade girls and boys are eligible to participate in the tournament, scheduled for Sunday, March 15 at Loyola Academy. Contact Janet Avery with questions.
•Crusader Camp for children ages 3 to 6 has opened registration. Camps will run from 9 to 11:30 a.m. June 15 through July 24.
•A big thank you to all SFX families who have been working hard to recycle their newspapers, catalogs and junk mail.
• Terra Nova testing will take place at St. Francis Xavier School the weeks of March 2 and 9. Confirmation for eighth-graders will be Saturday, March 7. The annual St. Patrick's Day party will be Saturday, March 14. There will be noon dismissal on Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19 due to parent-teacher conferences. School will be closed Friday, March 20. Drop-off for the March 28 spring rummage sale begins Saturday, March 21.
- Date of Publication:
- 26 Feb 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue