Central School: Pennies for Patients program
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 26 Feb 2009, p. 15, 17
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- From now until Spring Break, Central school is participating in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) "Pennies for Patients" community service and learning program. The goal for this school year is $536,000. Student Council distributed collection boxes to the classrooms.
•"TV Tune Out Week," sponsored by the Winnetka Alliance for Early Childhood, is March 1-7.
•A few positions may still be available for the 2009/2010 PTA General Board. If you are interested in any of the foregoing positions, please e-mail Diane Krueger
•Come for the "Teacher Appreciation Party" on Friday, March 13, at Tommy Nevin's Pub in Evanston. Please return your response card to Susan Gallagher as soon as possible.
•Fourth Grade "Farewell" Party on Monday, June 8. Many thanks to the photo collection volunteers, Carol Babbitt, Sarah Doran, Suzanne Eschel, Katie Hauser, Byrd Matejka and Kerry Nelson.
•If you are interested in signing up for garden recess duty in the spring or helping with maintenance, e-mail Marcia Leadholm
•The International Club welcomes anyone interested in joining for the free monthly foreign film screenings. Contact Lynn Alberding
•Playground volunteers are still needed during winter and spring. Contact Beth Gordon to volunteer.
•Don't forget to submit your pictures for the Central School yearbook. For other ways to submit your photos, contact Sarah Jacobs
- Date of Publication:
- 26 Feb 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- Central Elementary School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue