St. Joseph School: Pizza Day Friday
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 19 Feb 2009, p. 31, 32
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Friday is a pizza day and an out-of-uniform day for the children.
• The Science Fair takes place tomorrow.
• There will be a School Mass from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Ash Wednesday, Feb. 25.
• Basketball news:
The St. Joseph Basketball teams will play "away" games against St. Peter in Skokie today. The eighth grade girls play at 4:30 p.m.; the sixth grade boys at 5:30 p.m.; the seventh grade boys at 6:30 p.m. and the eighth grade boys at 7:30 p.m.
The kindergarten through third grade basketball program will take place from 8 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. on Saturday in the school gym.
The eighth grade boys basketball playoff games against Our Lady of Perpetual Help will take place at 9:40 a.m. on Saturday at Sts. Faith Hope & Charity in Winnetka.
• The St. Joseph School Board is accepting applications for three openings on the board for a three year term commencing with the 2009-10 school year. You may also contact either of the chairpersons of the Nominating Committee: (Colleen Driscoll or Gary Delaney).
• St. Joseph is recycling throughout the entire school.
We still have Wrap-N-Mats for sale. Order forms are in the office or you can contact Patty Yeager, Megan Floyd or Jen Truszkowski.
• . Order dinner any Monday or Tuesday in the month of February and Piero's Pizza will generously donate 15 percent to St. Joseph School Class of 2009. Proceeds will help defray the cost of the eighth grade class trip to Springfield this spring.
• Volunteers are needed to help organize this year's St. Patrick's Day party. Please contact Dana McKenna at the rectory.
• St. Joseph Parish welcomes Rev. Patrick Boyle, S.J. to lead the Lenten Mission. "Be You Perfect As Your Heavenly Father Is Perfect" will take place at 7:30 p.m. March 9, 10 and 11 in the church.
• Volunteers sought to help plan Oktoberfest If you have any questions or would like to join this great team, let Anne McKiernan know.
• School families are reminded to register for the emergency school closing notification system.
- Date of Publication:
- 19 Feb 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Joseph School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue