St. Joseph School: Enrollment grows
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 12 Feb 2009, p. 22, 23, , 25
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
The 2008-09 school had increased enrollment in kindergarten, and opened three kindergarten homerooms, enrolling more than 49 five year olds.
St. Joseph school has been designated as a Pilot School for inclusive education by the Archdiocese of Chicago.
The purpose is to use St. Joseph's structure as a model for other grade schools in the Archdiocese.
• There will be no school tomorrow for Faculty Institute Day and no school on Monday for the President's Day holiday).
• District 39 is on holiday on Tuesday. There will be no Bus Service.
• There will be a PSO meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday in the school cafeteria.
• Basketball News:
The St. Joseph Basketball teams will play "Away" games against St. Norbert in Northbrook on Tuesday. The 7th grade boys at 5:30 p.m.; the 8th grade boys at 7:30 p.m.
The 8th Grade Girls basketball team will play an "Away" game against St. Athanasius in Evanston at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
The St. Joseph Basketball teams host St. Athansius on Wednesday; 6th grade girls team at 4 p.m.; the 6th grade boys team at 5 p.m.; the 7th grade boys team at 6 p.m. and the 8th grade boys at 7 p.m.
The kindergarten - 3rd grade basketball program will take place from 8 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. on Saturday in the school gym.
• St. Joseph school took second place in the Notre Dame High School science competition. The winners included, from 8th grade: Jack Considine and Anthony Sernus. The 7th grade winners were Joe Hancuch, Brendan Hirsch, Frank Nicholas, Mike Sernus, Jimmy Sheridan and Brian Tsuru.
• The School Board's Nominating Committee is currently accepting applications for Board member candidates to fill the seats of the three members whose terms are expiring this June.
The School Board consists of nine voting members, each who is appointed to serve a three-year term. The board meets on the 1st Monday of each month.
Ccontact Colleen Driscoll, chairperson of the Nominating Committee for an application.
• The PSO would like to thank Terri Bouchard and Cathy Neuses during Catholic Schools Week. Colleen Driscoll and Sally Robey worked on the Appreciation Fund
• Piero's Pizza will donate 15% of proceeds in February to St. Joseph School Class of 2009. Proceeds will help defray the cost of the 8th grade class trip to Springfield this spring.
• Volunteers are needed to help organize this year's St. Patrick's Day party.
• Decision has been made to expand recycling throughout the school. The next Trash Free Friday will be held on Feb. 27.
• Invitations to this year's Summer by the Shore Auction and Dinner have been sent out to all school families.
• Registration for the 2009-10 school year has opened for current and new St. Joseph Families.
• St. Joseph Parish welcomes Rev. Patrick Boyle, SJ to lead the Lenten Mission. "Be You Perfect As Your Heavenly Father Is Perfect" will take place at 7:30 p.m. March 9-11 in the church.
• Oktoberfest planning underway.
• School families are reminded to register for the emergency school closing notification system.
- Date of Publication:
- 12 Feb 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Joseph School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue