St. Francis Xavier School: Staff Development Day
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 12 Feb 2009, p. 21, 22
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- St. Francis Xavier (SFX) School will be closed tomorrow for a staff development day and also on Monday for Presidents' Day.
• The SFX Scrip Tuition Rebate and Fund-raising Program has become easier to use. Now orders will be placed every other Friday, and gift cards will be delivered by the following Thursday.
• Mrs. Sage's 3rd grade class is planning the next all-school Mass, which will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
• The St. Francis Crusaders play their last regular season basketball games on Tuesday against Sacred Heart. The 8th grade girls are at Sacred Heart at 5 p.m.; the 6th grade girls play at Sacred Heart at 6 p.m. Meanwhile, Sacred Heart teams will be visiting St. Francis, as follows: 6th grade boys at 4:30 p.m.; 7th grade boys at 5:30 p.m.; 8th grade boys at 6:30 p.m. The playoff games will then be scheduled, with the championship game set for Saturday, Feb. 28.
• Dress-down day for February birthdays will be Thursday, Feb. 19
• Moms and Tots will meet for fun and refreshments from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 20 in the Xavier Room. Contact Ann Ponzi
• The Loyola Academy Rambler Baseball Workshop will be held on Sunday, Feb. 22 for children in 1st through 8th grades.
• St. Francis families should have received their 2009-10 school year registration forms in the mail.
• Monday, March 9 is the deadline for registering to play in the annual Brian Avery Memorial 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament, set for Sunday, March 15 at Loyola Academy. The event, sponsored by St. Francis Xavier School and Parish, will benefit Colegio del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus (The Sacred Heart of Jesus High School) in Cartago, Costa Rica.
• Registration is under way for new SFX summer camp programs for children ages 3 to 6.
• Faculty Feast co-chairs Kathryn Smith Burke, Aimee Meccia O'Brien and Margie Tobin send their thanks to the many St. Francis families who contributed meals and volunteered to drive them to the teachers' homes on Jan. 29.
• Terra Nova testing will take place at St. Francis Xavier School the weeks of March 2 and 9. Confirmation will be Saturday, March 7.
- Date of Publication:
- 12 Feb 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue