St. Joseph School: Hot lunch forms due
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 5 Feb 2009, p. 27, 32
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Hot-lunch forms for March are due back today.
• Mrs. Ernquist's first-grade class is preparing the school Mass for Tuesday.
• The eighth-graders will participate in a special commitment ceremony at the 11:30 a.m. Mass on Saturday, as they prepare for Confirmation.
• The students have done such a good job of recycling in the lunchroom that the decision has been made to expand recycling throughout the school.
The next Trash Free Friday will be held Feb. 27.
• Basketball News:
The St. Joseph basketball teams will play "away" games against St. Athanasius today. The sixth- grade boys will play at 5 p.m.; the eighth- grade girls at 6 p.m.; and the seventh- grade boys at 7 p.m.
St. Peter's in Skokie will host a sixth- grade girls basketball tournament tomorrow through Sunday. Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Glenview will host a seventh- grade boys tournament.
The kindergarten through third grade basketball program will take place from 8 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. on Saturday in the school gym.
The fifth- grade boys basketball team will play at 11:20 a.m. on Saturday against Our Lady of Perpetual Help at Sts. Faith Hope & Charity in Winnetka.
The St. Joseph Basketball teams host St. Catherine Laboure on Monday. The eighth- grade girls team plays at 4 p.m.; the sixth- grade boys team at 5 p.m.v
The St. Joseph Basketball teams host St. Hilary on Tuesday. The sixth- grade boys team plays at 5 p.m.; the sixth- grade girls team at 6 p.m.
The St. Joseph Basketball teams will play "away" games against St. Francis Xavier on Wednesday. The sixth- grade boys play at 5 p.m.; the seventh- grade boys at 6 p.m.; and the eighth- grade boys at 7 p.m.
• Invitations to this year's Summer by the Shore auction and dinner have been sent out to all school families.
• Registration for the 2009-10 school year has opened for current and new St. Joseph Families.
• There will be no school on Feb. 13 (a faculty institute day) and no school Feb. 16 (Presidents Day holiday).
• St. Joseph Parish welcomes the Rev. Patrick Boyle, S.J., to lead the Lenten mission. "Be You Perfect As Your Heavenly Father Is Perfect" will take place at 7:30 p.m. March 9, 10 and 11 in the church.
For more information call the rectory at (847) 251-0771.
• School families are reminded to register for the emergency school closing notification system.
- Date of Publication:
- 5 Feb 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Joseph School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- Sun-Times Media
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue