New Trier: Workshop Feb. 2
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 22 Jan 2009, p. 27, 28
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- The Board of Education will hold a special workshop meeting at 6 p.m., Monday, Feb. 2 in room 234, Building C, Northfield Campus, 7 Happ Road. The public is invited to attend. At this meeting, the board will receive further analysis of the Long Range Facilities Plan that will outline phased renovation and/or replacement of buildings on both the Winnetka and Northfield campuses.
All New Trier Board meetings can be viewed online at www.newtrier.k12.il.us by selecting "Video on Demand." They also can be seen on the 24-hour New Trier Television channel (NTTV), which is broadcast on cable television channel 18 in Glencoe, Kenilworth and Winnetka, and on channel 16 in Northfield and Wilmette.
• To educate students and parents on the opportunities of a "GAP Year" -- a year following high school graduation in which students delay college entrance in favor of other kinds of experiences -- the New Trier Post-High School Counseling Department will sponsor a "GAP Fair" from 1 to 4 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 31, in the Student Cafeteria and McGee Theatre, Winnetka Campus, 385 Winnetka Avenue.
Four Class of 2008 students who chose GAP Years will highlight their experiences: Ben Parker -- Western US semester, Nepal semester; Charlie Dwyer -- Two China semesters; Ben Wilcox -- Spain semester, India semester; and Ellie Canade -- Tanzania semester.
• The Northfield Dance Ensemble Showcase begins at 7:30 p.m. tonight (Jan. 22) in the Cornog Auditorium at the Northfield Campus, 7 Happ Road.
- Date of Publication:
- 22 Jan 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue