St. Francis Xavier: Catholic Schools Week
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 22 Jan 2009, p. 24, 26
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- St. Francis Xavier will celebrate Catholic Schools Week with a number of events held throughout the week of Jan. 25
On Wednesday, the school presents the talent show featuring second- through eighth-grade students, faculty and staff.
The annual faculty feast is Jan. 29. This is the night St. Francis teachers are treated to a night off cooking. Parents are asked to call Kathryn Smith Burke to sign up to cook an entree, make a salad or dessert, or drive a meal to a teacher's home.
On Jan. 30, the Distinguished Graduate Mass will begin at 11 a.m. Ms. Howard's fifth-grade class is planning the Mass. v
• Registration is under way for new summer camp programs for children 3 to 6. Camps will run from 9-11:30 a.m. June 15 through July 24, as follows:
Junior Crusaders (3- and 4-year-olds): two-day option (Tuesday, Thursday), $240; three-day option (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), $360; five-day option, $600.
Crusaders (5- and 6-year-olds): three-day option (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), $360; five-day option, $600.
• The healthy Green Bag Lunch menu has been updated for winter.
• The new scrip tuition rebate and fund-raising program generates money for St. Francis while reducing a family's tuition. Contact Kristi Schlax with questions
• Dress-down day for January birthdays is today. Next month's dress-down day will be Feb. 19.
• Moms and Tots will meet from 9-11 a.m. Friday. Contact Ann Ponzi or Courtney Mulvihill with questions. Next month's meetings will be Feb. 6 and 20.
• Eighth-grade picture day is Feb. 11. School will be closed Feb. 13 for a staff development day, and also Feb. 16 for Presidents Day. Terra Nova testing will take place the weeks of March 2 and 9.
• Parents are asked to watch the mail for 2009-2010 school registration materials.
- Date of Publication:
- 22 Jan 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue