New Trier: Northfield Dance Ensemble Showcase
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 8 Jan 2009, p. 23, 24
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- The Northfield Dance Ensemble Showcase will be held at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 22 in the Cornog Auditorium at the Northfield Campus, 7 Happ Road. The dance showcase will capstone the Northfield Campus Dance Day held earlier that afternoon during which all freshmen will see their peers perform.
Dance Day has been a popular tradition at New Trier for over 30 years. The Winnetka Campus Dance Day was held before winter break, showcasing the talents of more than 200 students.
Featuring a wide variety of media -- from painting and drawing, to photography, sculpture, and glass work -- the New Trier Art Department Student Show continues on display through Jan. 23 in the Ann Brierly Gallery on the Winnetka Campus. The exhibit is free and open to the public during school hours.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Jan. 20, in room 234, Building C, Northfield Campus, 7 Happ Road.
The board also will hold a special workshop meeting at 6 p.m., Monday, Feb. 2. At this meeting, the board will receive further analysis of the Long Range Facilities Plan that will outline phased renovation and/or replacement of buildings on both the Winnetka and Northfield campuses.
All New Trier Board meetings can be viewed online at www.newtrier.k12.il.us by selecting "Video on Demand." They also can be seen on the 24-hour New Trier Television channel (NTTV), which is broadcast on cable television channel 18 in Glencoe, Kenilworth and Winnetka, and on channel 16 in Northfield and Wilmette.
New Trier alumni -- especially college-age alumni who still may be home for winter break --- are encouraged to register as a member of the online New Trier Alumni Community at www.newtrieralumni.org.
New Trier alumni, current students, parents and other community members may purchase the over-sized, hard-cover, 140-page "coffee-table" book, "New Trier: Portrait of an American High School" for $40. The book's large photos and lively text describe the culture, fads, fashion, world affairs, and school life of each era and provide a look at New Trier through the decades since its opening in 1901. The book is a great gift idea for students, upcoming graduates of the Class of 2009, parents, and alumni.
Students looking for part-time employment are encouraged to review the job board in the Career Center (Room 201, behind Post-High School Counseling). Potential employers wishing to post job opportunities should contact Molly Ottolini (
- Date of Publication:
- 8 Jan 2009
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue