New Trier: National Merit Semifinalists
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 30 Oct 2008, p. 126, 127, , 129
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Thirty-two New Trier students have been Named National Merit Semifinalists in the 2009 National Merit Scholarship Program. The Semifinalists are: Blair Anstaett, Hana Bajramovic, Amir Bandeali, Benjamin Bennett, Alexander Berez, Sarah Block, Erin Callahan, Theresa Clabby, Benjamin Cohen, Laura Cohen, Marcella Hayes, Irvin Ho, Allison Hugi, Emily Hyun, Catherine Katz, Julia Kohn, Frank Liu, Duncan Marshall, William Prager, Kathleen Riesing, Annalesa Rizzolo, Claire Rogerson, Tal Roitberg, Chloe Ruiz-Funes, Andrew Schweig, Brian Shain, Anna Suiter, Alison Sutter, Erika Takahashi, Henry Thomas, Emily Warnick, and Mary Wiltshire-Gordon.
• Congratulations to New Trier senior John Tyler, who has been designated a Semifinalist in the 45th annual Achievement Scholarship competition, sponsored by the National Achievement Scholarship Program.
• A total of 76 New Trier students have been named Commended Students in the 2009 National Merit Scholarship Program.
Commended Students are: Anna Aden, Christina Alexander, Elizabeth Appleby, Allison Bedell, Tara Berglund, Kara Bishop, August Bossu, Nicholas Bourke, Allison Brenner, Michael Carmody, Michael Chen, Jaeyon Chung, Eliza Conaty, Robert Cook, Jessica Delmonaco, Samuel Edelstein, William Farmer, Adam Freeman, Jacob Goldfinger, Adam Goone, Ross Gordon, Stuart Herndon, Christina Hines, Gary Hosfield, Laura Jaffee, Connor Janowiak, Joseph Jeffers, Adam Johnson, Alicia Johnson, Nickolas Kaplan, Charles Kaufman, Zane Khademi, Ethan Kogan, Andrew Krentz, Sara Kupper, Jeffrey Lale, Cody Lee, Sarah Levenstam, Amelia Light, Phil Liu, Shelley Liu, Sirui Liu, Colin MacGregor, Ian Magruder, Aldona Martinka, Elise Mattenson, Kelly McAllester, Matthew McCambridge, Brandon Mi, Andrew Nathan, Abraham Noda, Lindsay Olsen, Megan Ong, Elliott Ostrowski, Aaron Palmer, Michael Pearlman, Christina Pechette, Lauren Phillips, Nasreen Quadri, David Reiff, Joshua Rosen, Matthew Rosenberg, Jeff Schac, Katherine Schaff, Andrew Scherer, Stephanie Schmitt, Karen Schriesheim, Aref Senno, Peter Stowell, Samantha Sunne, Leyla Terhan, Hannah Turner, John Tyler, Jennifer Tzanetopoulos, Andrew Weissler, and Alexandra Wong.
• The Fall Festival of Winds II Concert is at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the Northfield Campus Cornog Auditorium.
• Tomorrow is the last day for the interactive "Haunted Lab" exhibit at the Winnetka Campus Ann Brierly Art Gallery, presented by New Trier physics faculty members.
• The New Trier Art Department will exhibit the Border Film Project in the Ann Brierly Gallery, Winnetka Campus, from Nov. 3-28.
The Border Film Project is a collaborative art project that provides disposable cameras to two groups on different sides of the border -- undocumented migrants crossing the desert into the United States, and American Minutemen who are trying to stop them.
To date, project founders Rudy Adler, Victoria Criado and Brett Huneycutt have received 73 cameras -- 38 from migrants and 35 from Minutemen -- with nearly 2,000 pictures in total.
• Students looking for part-time employment are encouraged to review the job board in the Career Center (Room 201, behind Post-High School Counseling). Potential employers may also post job opportunities should.
- Date of Publication:
- 30 Oct 2008
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue