St. Joseph School: First day of school
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 28 Aug 2008, p. 22
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Today (Aug. 28) marks the first full day of school.
• The hot lunch program, which includes milk, will start later in September.
• A parent information night is scheduled from 7-8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the school.
• The first school Mass of the year is scheduled to be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 29 in St. Joseph Church, 1741 Lake Ave., Wilmette.
• School is dismissed Monday for Labor Day.
• The school welcomed the following new teachers to the staff: Kathy Dynek, third grade; Heidi Wozniak, art; and Dawn Zigmond, full-time aide.
• Oktoberfest 2008 is scheduled for Sept. 20 at the school, 1740 Lake Ave.
Following a 5 p.m. Mass at St. Joseph Church, 1747 Lake Ave., adults will return for the evening for a traditional German dinner, music and dancing. To help out, contact Sophie Amphlett or Megan Floyd.
• The first PSO meeting of the 2008-09 school year is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. Sept. 10 in the school cafeteria.
• The cross-country team will begin practices Sept. 4 for all interested student in third through eighth grades.
• The school's bowling league is open to all the dads. To join, contact Steve Santacruz via e-mail.
- Date of Publication:
- 28 Aug 2008
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Joseph School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue