St. Francis Xavier: Administrative forms and payments due
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 4 Sep 2008, p. 23, 24
- Media Type
- Item Types
- All parents may continue to bring their completed "beginning of the year" administrative forms and payments to the school office. For assistance may call Marge Kaup or Mary Carol Oberlin at the school office
• Principal Dan McKenna is looking forward to seeing all school parents at the HSO "back to school" dinner and gathering Sept. 24 in the school gym. The evening will include presentations from Principal Dan McKenna, school board president Susie Gordon, HSO president Joan Kitchie, Parish Pastor the Rev. Bill Sheridan, and other school leadership.
The school wishes to extend special thanks to Kathy Conway of the HSO board
• The first all-school Mass and liturgy coordinated by the faculty Sept. 2 was a special day for everyone attending. The Rev. Bill Sheridan celebrated the Mass at St. Francis Xavier Church, Ninth Street and Linden Avenue. He and principal Dan McKenna welcomed all returning and new faculty and staff members and students to the weekly church gathering. McKenna thanked all school parents for making sure students wear their uniform vests (except girls in kindergarten through third grades; they wear jumpers).
• The moms and tots group hopes all preschool moms and moms of preschoolers from the community will be able to attend the first play time casual gathering of the year, from 9-11 a.m. Sept. 5 at Maple Park, Fourth Street and Maple Avenue. Ann Ponzi and Courtney Mulvihill are looking forward to seeing everyone.
• Today (Sept. 4) is pizza day for the school's weekly hot lunch program. Anyone with questions about the hot lunch program may contact Kim Langill.
• The HSO has scheduled its first executive board meeting of the 2008-09 school year for 7 p.m. Sept. 9 at the school. Joan Kitchie and Monique Watts, are HSO co-presidents for 2008-09
• School pictures will be taken on Sept. 17 for students in preschool through seventh grades.
• A dinner for families new to the school is scheduled from 6-8 p.m. Sept. 12 in the school courtyard and Xavier rooms.
• Barb Mah and Holly Tamisiea are chairing this year's fall and spring rummage sales. The fall sale is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 23. Volunteers for the sales will be hearing from Mrs. Mah, Mrs. Tamisiea and Mrs. Burke about a planning meeting for the Oct. 23 fall sale.
• The varsity and junior varsity boys football teams and girls volleyball teams and information on athletic programs is available from athletic director Chuck Rometty
• Grocery dollars are back with store certificates and gift cards for participating stores including Dominick's, Jewel and Whole Foods. For every grocery dollar spent, the school earns a percentage at no cost to the family.
• The school thanked Cari Ahlstrom, Donnelly Caestecker and Kerrie Kennedy Mudd and all the Enrichment Program volunteers for their help in coordinating this year's presentations
• Co-Chairs Kristan Kelly and Tracy Grasher are asking all school and parish families and friends to be sure they have received and responded to their invitations to attend the Oct. 3 Showcase launch party at the home of Caren and Peter Skarzynski of Wilmette.
- Date of Publication
- 4 Sep 2008
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930