St. Francis Xavier School: Welcome to students
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 21 Aug 2008, p. 24, 25
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- St. Francis Xavier School's Principal Dan McKenna and Parish Pastor Father Bill Sheridan welcome back all school teachers, staff, families and students for the first day of school on Monday.
Students are expected to be in uniform on the first day of school and are to be at school by 8:20 a.m. There will be a noon dismissal on the first day.St. Francis Xavier's Preschool will begin their year with shorter sessions
• St. Francis Xavier's new enrichment program for four-year-old preschoolers begins the week of Sept. 2.
• St. Francis Xavier school families and students in need of information about school supplies or back to school news for the 2008-2009 school year may check the school Web site at www.sfx-school.org and uniform information may be obtained by calling or visiting Dennis Uniforms at (847) 299-1442, 1400 E. Business Center Drive in Mt. Prospect. (
• The Opening Day Home School Organization "Coffee And" Registration for hot lunch and milk student orders, administrative forms and volunteer opportunities will also be held on the first day of school on Monday. Joan Kitchie and Monique Watts, the HSO co-presidents for the 2008-2009 school year, are hoping all returning and new school parents will take time to review the volunteer opportunities at St. Francis Xavier and sign up for one or more of the interesting activities the HSO school parent group sponsors.
• The first All School Mass of the year will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at the St. Francis Xavier Church, Ninth Street and Linden Avenue, Wilmette.
• The HSO's weekly Thursday lunch program begins on Thursday, Sept. 4. Any parents with questions about the weekly Thursday lunch program are asked to contact Kim Langill.
St. Francis Xavier will also continue its relationship with Green Bag Lunch this year, offering all students the opportunity to order a healthy lunch served in environmentally friendly packaging once a week. Contact Jackie Petrozzi with any questions or visit greenbaglunch.com to learn more. The Green Bag Lunch most likely will be served once per week on Tuesdays again during the 2008-2009 school year.
• St. Francis Xavier's "Moms and Tots" will kick off its 2008-2009 preschool year "playtime" gatherings from 9 to 11 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 5 and Friday, Sept. 19 at Maple Park, 4th Street and Maple, in East Wilmette.
Interested St. Francis and Community preschool families may contact Ann Ponzi or Courtney Mulvihill for more information
• All New School Families at St. Francis Xavier are asked to save the date and mark their calendars for a "New Families Dinner" on Friday, Sept. 12 at the school. Gina Ehlman and Jackie Langas will be sharing more information about this special evening soon.
• All School families should have received their "Save The Date" card by mail reminding everyone about this year's important "Showcase St. Francis" fund-raiser dates. The annual event's "Kick-Off Party" will be held at the home of Caren and Peter Skarzynski of Wilmette on Friday, Oct. 3 and the annual Casino and Auction fund-raiser will be held at St. Francis Xavier on Saturday, Nov. 22. School and parish families or community business members interested in volunteering or donating to the event should contact this year's event co-chairs, Kristan Kelly at email@example.com or Tracy Grasher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• St. Francis Xavier's Athletic Director Chuck Rometty will be seeing all school athletes and their families very soon and wanted to thank everyone for turning in their Athletic Registration forms in on time for the 2008-2009 school year. R
- Date of Publication:
- 21 Aug 2008
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue