St. Francis Xavier School: Preschool teacher Christine Vanderbosch graduated from National-Louis University
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 26 Jun 2008, p. 32, 35, , 36
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- School officials congratulated preschool teacher Christine Vanderbosch on her graduation from National-Louis University with a master's degree in early childhood education this June.
• School officials thanked Sharon Komlofske, Kim Langill and Jody Munro for working throughout the year on the weekly lunch program. Mrs. Komlofske, Mrs. Langill and They also thanked Colleen Collins Josellis and Betsy Donahue for their help in providing lunch to the school children. Others thanked were Ellen Eberle, Diane O'Brien, Nicole Robertson, Louise Sanborn, Margie Tobin, Marilyn Urrutia, Grace Wright.
• A group of arts and education volunteers run the annual enrichment programs throughout the school year. The programs from this year's enrichment events included the Chicago Light Artillery, a Civil War re-enactment group (which includes school secretary Marge Kaup's husband), Mad Science (science demonstrations about machines, ecosystems, dinosaurs and butterflies), Kidworks (team building and bullying awareness themes presented), Dr. Terry Nelson-Johnson (who spoke about the awareness of others around us and insight on love and the importance of the consequences of actions), Lyric Opera back-stage tours, the Chicago Symphony, the Gus Giordano Dance Troupe (which included a Giordano student and the school's very own student, Mikaela Kropp of Evanston) and the Chicago Historical Museum. School officials thanked Cari Ahlstrom, Donnelly Caestecker, Kate Fahrenbach, Lisa Jamieson, Kerri Kennedy Mudd, Mary Smith and the other volunteers involved.
• School officials thanked the Rev. Bill Sheridan for weekly school Mass and liturgy efforts for the school students, teachers, staff and families. Officials offered thanks to the seventh-grade students and Mrs. Masciopinto for preparing the final June 6 Mass liturgy for the closing day of the 2007-08 school year and the farewell to the principal and executive director, Suzanne Sullivan.
• School officials acknowledged a number of families that "graduated" this year, and thanked them for their support over the years. Some have been with the school for 20 years or more, sending as many as five or six children to the school. These families are the: Ahlborns, Birminghams, Bragiels, Fords, Hrabes, Kovacevics, Lopatkas, Manganaros, McIntyres, Merricks, Nykazas, O'Connors, Pappanos, Plampins, Posts, Princes, Quinns, Romers, Rounds, Spences and Urbans.
• Officials are asking families to check out the school's new paper recycling program. Anyone from the school or parish who needs assistance with picking up and dropping off their recycling may contact the Dolan or Capitanini families about students who are available over the summer to help with the new effort. Katherine Dolan and Nico Capitanini are the new commissioners of ecology for the St. Francis Xavier Student Council for 2007 and 2008 and will be able to help out with these needs.
• Colleen Collins Josellis and Jenny Ehlert thanked the school's Helping Hands program team members.
• Athletic director Chuck Rometty thanked school families for completing athletic program registration forms for the 2008-09 school year.
• Suzanne Sullivan, retiring principal and executive director, thanked school families.
- Date of Publication:
- 26 Jun 2008
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Francis Xavier School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue