The following Wilmette residents have been named to the fall dean's list at American University in Washington, D.C.: Steven Sondheimer -- College of Arts and Sciences; Kelsey Scherer -- School of Communication; and Amelia Schmidt -- School of Public Affairs.
Jared Mondschein of Wilmette participated recently in the Washington Semester Abroad at American University. Mondschein, a student at Skidmore College, took part in the international law and organizations program.
• David Falkof, a Wilmette resident and graduate of New Trier High School, was the recipient of the Wolstencroft Summer Research Fellowship at Bowdoin College's annual Honors Day ceremony. This fellowship supports student summer research in or related to the study of China. He is an economics major with a minor in chemistry and participated in the Study Away Program at Arcadia University. He is a participant in crew and ultimate Frisbee at the college.
• David Chadwick of Wilmette has been named to the fall dean's list at Drew University in Madison, N.J.
• Kelly Gibson of Long Grove and formerly of East Glenview, the daughter of Mindy (Gary) Karp and H. Gary (Denise) Gibson, graduated from Indiana University-Bloomington with two bachelor of arts degrees, one in psychology and the other in sociology. She also earned a certificate in business foundations. This fall she plans to pursue a master of arts degree in teaching.
• Anna Stevens, daughter of Kristin and Stanley Stevens of Wilmette and a graduate of Regina Dominican High School, was chosen recently to perform in the Angela Waite Recital at Kenyon College singing "The Story Goes On" from "Baby."
• Bekki Lambrecht, a Wilmette resident and a graduate of New Trier Township High School, recently made a research presentation during the Freshman Focus Day program during Millikin University's Celebrations of Scholarship. This was a part of Millikin's Honors Scholars program. Lambrecht presented a project titled, "Rated 'E' for Educational: The Benefits of Video Games."
• Christine Nowicki of Wilmette, a student in the School of Communication at Northwestern University, has been named to the winter dean's list.
• Michala Stocka of Wilmette, a student in the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences at Northwestern University, has been named to the winter dean's list. She is a graduate of New Trier Township High School.
• Robert Hughey, son of Michael and Kathleen Hughey of Wilmette and a student in the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University, has been named to the winter dean's list.
• Jeffrey Anderson of Wilmette has been named to the winter honor roll at Ohio State University in Columbus.
• Bradley Bornstein of Wilmette has been named to the fall dean's list at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus.
• Megan Schmidt of Wilmette has been named to the fall dean's list at Southern Illinois University Carbondale with straight-A grades.
• Julie Chou, a native of Wilmette, volunteered in the annual Community Plunge event on April 26, along with many other University of Wisconsin-Madison student volunteers. She performed service for Madison-based community groups ranging from cleaning up area parks to spending time with residents at a senior center to helping run a walk/run.
• Amy Reedy of Wilmette, a senior at Colorado College, took second place in an international sociology honorary society's undergraduate competition. Her senior thesis, "A Longitudinal Study of Female Gender Performance in the Classroom," placed in the Alpha Kappa Delta society's contest. She will receive the prize at the American Sociological Association meeting in Boston this summer, and as a result of her award, is automatically placed in the association's student honors program