New Trier: Polar Bear Plunge Feb. 23
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 28 Feb 2008, p. 29, 114
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Marty Laffey, New Trier math teacher and fellow Special Olympics sponsors Mary Beth Barrett, science teacher, and Kay Pothast, kinetic wellness teacher, participated in the Polar Bear Plunge on Feb. 23, at the Northwestern University beach. The trio joined over 100 other people who broke through the ice for Special Olympians.
They have collected over $11,500 for the Special Olympics programs around the state
The spring musical this year is "Guys and Dolls", The New Trier Choir-Opera and Chamber Orchestra will perform "Guys and Dolls" on four dates. Performances are scheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 6; Friday, March 7; and Saturday, March 8; and at 2 p.m., on Sunday, March 9.
Superintendent Linda Yonke's second semester book discussion group is open to community members and staff. "A Class Apart: Prodigies, Pressure and Passion Inside One of America"s Best High Schools", is her selection for this session. Written by Washington Post reporter Alec Klein, the book is about Stuyvesant High School in New York City, Klein's alma mater.
Mark Wukas, New Trier English teacher, will lead the final of three parent discussions of the Odyssey from 7:30 to 9 p.m., Wednesday, March 12 in the library, 3rd floor, A building, at the Northfield Campus.
"Tuned In: A High School Music Showcase," was held Tuesday, Feb. 26, at the Music Institute of Chicago in Evanston.
The New Trier Swing Choir joined the Chicagoland Jewish High School Jazz Ensemble, Glenbrook South High School "Nine" and "Solace," Highland Park High School Jazz Ensemble, and the Niles North High School Percussion Group.
Community members have until March 18 to donate playable, used musical instruments, prom dresses, tuxedos and other prom attire to benefit New Orleans students and musicians. All donations are tax deductible.
Tomorrow is the last day to view "The Tubeho Project: Rwandan Survivors of Genocide," in the Ann Brierly Gallery on New Trier's Winnetka campus.
New Trier Television is the community's exclusive educational access cable channel.
- Date of Publication:
- 28 Feb 2008
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue