New Trier: Teacher Mark Wukas leads parent discussion of The Odyssey Wednesday
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 7 Feb 2008, p. 41, 123
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Full article available at Wilmette Public Library.
- Back by popular demand, Mark Wukas, New Trier English teacher, will be leading parent discussions of the Odyssey from 7:30 to 9 p.m. on three Wednesday nights: Feb. 13, Feb. 27 and March 12 in the library.
A discussion on "Video Gaming: Reality and Myth", will be sponsored by the Family Awareness Network of New Trier Township (FAN) from 12:45 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13, in Room C234, at New Trier's Northfield campus, 7 Happ Road.
"A Night in the Orient" is the theme for this year's Turnabout Dance, which will be held from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m., on Saturday, Feb. 23, in the gyms on the Winnetka Campus.
Throughout February, the powerful exhibit, "The Tubeho Project: Rwandan Survivors of Genocide," will be on display in the Ann Brierly Gallery on New Trier's Winnetka campus.
Community members may donate musical instruments, prom dresses, tuxedos and other prom attire to help benefit students and musicians in New Orleans. Residents also may purchase the Silver Anniversary double-CD of jazz music, with proceeds also benefiting New Orleans. All donations are tax deductible.
New Trier Television is the community's exclusive educational access cable channel. The station is broadcast via Comcast Cable on Channel 18 in Winnetka, Glencoe and Kenilworth, and on Channel 16 in Wilmette and Northfield.
- Date of Publication:
- 7 Feb 2008
- Corporate Name(s):
- New Trier Township High School
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue