Pioneer couple wed 50 years
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 9 May 1935, p. 31
- Full Text
- Caption: Mr. and Mrs. Frank Alles of 1636 Lake avenue, Wilmette, both pioneers of the north shore, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Monday, May 6. Following services at St. Joseph's church at 9 o'clock, a reception was held at the residence attended by sisters, a brother, children and grandchildren of the venerable couple.
Mr. Alles was born in a log cabin located at a point which is now Hill road at Linden street, Winnetka. When Mr. Alles was 5 years old, his father built a house at 763 Hill road, now occupied by two sisters, and where the younger Alles lived until fifty years ago, when he married Miss Barbara Schildgen, who was born in a log cabin on a farm adjoining Hibard road on the site of hte present Bernard Schildgen farm in Northfield. The newly-weds first occupied a 20-acre farm presented to the bridegroom by his father and located on the site of the original Alles log cabin home. Here the couple built a new home, which they occupied for 28 years. Twenty-two years ago Mr. and Mrs. Alles sold their farm, since converted into the picturesque Indian Hill Golf Course, and retired, building a home at 1636 Lake avenue, Wilmette. Of their five children, two daughters are living, Mrs. William J. Scneider of Glencoe, and Mrs. Chalres Neugebauer of Wilmette. There are seven grandchildren. Mr. and Mrs. Alles are 73 and 76 years of age, respectively
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Mr. and Mrs. Frank Alles of 1636 Lake avenue, Wilmette celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Monday, May 6.
Barbara (nee Schildgen) Alles
- Date of Publication
- 9 May 1935
- Personal Name(s)
- Alles, Frank ; Alles, Barbara
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Illinois, United States
Latitude: 42.07225 Longitude: -87.72284
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930