Niles was shore's only post office 111 years ago: Later mail came via Evanston; Wilmette got own service in 1870
- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 18 Sep 1947, 75th anniversary supplement, p. 2
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Description of the development of mail service in the Wilmette area with a list of its early postmasters and their dates of service.
- Date of Publication:
- 18 Sep 1947
- Personal Name(s):
- Dingee, Samuel S. ; Drury, Edwin ; Hess, W. E. ; Kinney, William H. ; McDaniel, Alexander ; Mueller, Max ; O'Connell, Herbert L. ; Orr, Lea J. ; Schantz, Joseph E.
- Corporate Name(s):
- Buck-Eye Tavern ; Evanston (Ill.) ; Stephens Wool Company ; Wilmette (Ill.)
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
Illinois, United States
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Image may be used with credit to Wilmette Public Library
Wilmette Public Library
Agency street/mail address
1242 Wilmette Avenue