- Wilmette Life (Wilmette, Illinois), 30 Nov 1923, p. 2
- Full Text
Word has just been received that Mrs. Edith M. Whitford, wife of A. P. Whitford, formerly of Wilmette, has passed away at her old home in England.
Mr. and Mrs. Whitford came to Wilmette in 1889. Soon after coming to the village they built a home at 430 Lake avenue, where they resided until Mrs. Whitford, not being in good health, returned to England in the autumn of 1919; where she was followed by her husband last spring, when it was found that her chances for regaining her health and strength were very poor.
Mrs. Whitford was a charter member of the Wilmette Woman's club, which was organized in 1891, and a leading member of the Wilmette Parish Methodist church; and the older members of her church will learn with regret, that the "little lady in black," who sat four seats from the front on the left side, will be seen no more.
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Date of Publication
- 30 Nov 1923
- Personal Name(s)
- Whitford, A. P. ; Whitford, Edith
- Corporate Name(s)
- Woman's Club of Wilmette ; Wilmette Parish Methodist Church
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Wilmette Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1242 Wilmette Avenue
U.S.A. Phone: 847-256-6930